Patient Information for Pre-Operative and Post-Operative Care
Tips prior to Surgery
- Transportation - for your safety and comfort, you will not be permitted to leave the Surgery Center alone. You must be escorted by an adult.
- Arrival Time - Please arrive at least one hour before your scheduled procedure time.
- Consent Form - It must be signed prior to treatment and a parent or leagal guardian must accompany patients under the age of 18.
- Food & Beverage - Do not eat food or drink fluids (including water) after midnight the evening before your procedure.
- Medication - Follow your physician's directions. Bring a list of all your medications for review by the anesthesiologist.
- Smoking - You should stop smoking 72 hours prior to your procedure.
- Women - Please notify the surgeon and staff if there is a possibility that you are pregnant. Hernias are typed according to where they occur in the body.
Patient Instructions for the Day of Surgery
- Bath or shower the morning of your procedure to minimize the chance of infection.
- Please remove all make-up and nail polihs.
- Wear loose, casual clothing and low heeled shoes.
- Please leave all jewelry and other valuables at home. The surgical center is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- Please do not shave your surgical site prior to coming into the Surgery Center.
Patient Instructions for after the Surgical Procedure
- After your procedure, you will be moved to our state-of-the-are recovery room and monitored by our staff until you are ready to go home. Most patients are discharged within two hours of their procedure.
- Your surgeon will provide instructions regarding diet, rest, and medications. In the event of any difficulty, you should call us directly at 626-457-5333.
- If you received anesthesia, you should not drive, drink alcoholic beverage or sign legal documents for 24 hours.
Hernia Network, a Medical Corporation, accepts and works with all the major insurance carriers for private and workers' comp insurance. We have provided a list below, if you have any questions, or do not see your carrier listed, please contact us
We work with these Private Care Insurance Carriers:
Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, HealthNet, and Allied Pacific IPA
We work with these Workers' Compensation Carriers:
Accelerated Claims Services
Alaska National Insurance Company
Applied Risk Services
Bragg & Associates
Crawford & Company
Crum & Forster
Gallagher Bassett Services
ITT Specialty Services
Keenan & Associates
Majestic Insurance Co
Southern California Risk Mgmt
Specialty Risk Services
State Compensation Insurance Fund
San Manual Risk Management
Pinnacle Risk Management
Hernia Network, a Medical Corporation
offers customized services to the Workers' Compensation Community
As one of the leading hernia experts in the workers' compensation, we have created a global package to save time and money.
By bundling abdominal wall hernia repairs, we can guarantee you a fixed cost, give you value added service with lifetime warranties and multi-locations, and save processing time by dealing with one contact for all your hernia needs.
In addition, your company will receive the benefits of our centralized service, 12 convenient locations throughout Southern California, multi-lingual staff and surgeons, and our quality reports.
One phone call to our centralized service will handle all your hernia needs and a global fee will guarantee a fixed cost associated with each repair. Since we only specialize in hernia consults and treatment, our surgeons' recurrence rates are extremely low and therefore we offer your company a lifetime warranty on most abdominal wall hernia repairs under the global program.
We understand workers' compensation and appreciate the importance of seeing your employees quickly and return them safely back to work. Plus, we have trained our surgeons how to write quality reports which will reduce your liability exposure.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please call Suzette B. Rivera directly at (626) 290-8383. We look forward to the opportunity to service your hernia needs!